Wednesday 17th April 2013

Is it normal to still feel 'liverish' as m'mam would say, two days after going out? I honestly can't remember. Saturday night's 'Date Night' was the first that Rob and I had been on since January...2012.

We did go out another time last year but to be fair that was at Droylsden Catholic Club where we played bingo with a dobber, watched the in-house entertainment whilst getting 'smashed' (their words, not mine) with my parents' cronies. A good time was had by all but it didn't really set the romantic ambience that I had been looking for.

That's why Rob and I dressed up, put on some tunes whilst getting ready (I put my foot down at Neil Diamond though), and went to an elegant bar on the quayside...

Yes...(wistfully)...Saturday night...

Aargh!!...(pouring the Alka Seltzer Plus into a glass)...Sunday morning...

Note to self: next time you arrange a babysitter for your annual romantic night out with your other half, also book them for at least 4 hours the day after. Cleaning up the aftermath of potty training is difficult when sober but positively nightmarish when you've got your sunglasses on, in the house, and can see two potties and spillages in front of you.

Lesson well and truly learned!